Tomorrow I’ll be giving a couple of presentations at the CASE Multimedia Workshop. One will be a reprise of last year’s “Serial Effect” presentation, while the other will be a new one entitled “Press Play: Engaging Constituents Through Games.” Below are a few resources mentioned in the presentation that may help if you’re interested in adding some gamification tactics into your communications tool box.
- Richard Bartle, “Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, Spades: Players Who Suit MUDs” http://mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm
- Roger Callois, Man, Play, and Games.
- Credly: https://credly.com/
- Wendy Despain, 100 Principles of Game Design. https://www.pearsonhighered.com/program/Despain-100-Principles-of-Game-Design/PGM157414.html
- Digital Badges at Penn State: http://badges.psu.edu/
- Johan Huizinga, Homo Ludens. Full text available at http://art.yale.edu/file_columns/0000/1474/homo_ludens_johan_huizinga_routledge_1949_.pdf
- Ralph Koster, “A Theory of Fun.” http://www.theoryoffun.com/theoryoffun.pdf
- Nicole Lazaro and XEODesign blog on the Four Keys to Fun: http://www.xeodesign.com/category/the-4-keys/
- Michael Stoner, editor: Social Works. http://www.mstoner.com/thought-leadership/socialworks/