Yesterday, I gave a presentation at the eduWeb conference entitled “Wrangling the Octopus: Managing Your Social Media Ecosystem.” In the presentation, I outlined the tools that I use to keep content flowing to the University of Chicago Law School’s many social media outlets. The Cliffs Notes version:
- I try to operate under two general principles: automate as much as possible, but don’t lose the human touch.
- Using Yahoo Pipes, I create a master feed that aggregates all of our syndicated content (blogs, podcasts, news items, etc.).
- That master feed is fed into Feedburner, in order to maintain a single static URL and to ensure that the feed validates. Feedburner also creates an animated gif of the feed that can be added to HTML emails.
- The Feedburner feed is fed into dlvr.it, which sends content out to Twitter and Facebook.
- We use CoTweet to share our primary Twitter account among team members, and Echofon to monitor Twitter in real time.
My Prezi “slides” are embedded below: